Jira session timeout more frequent recently

Samuel Sun August 7, 2012

Hi,

I notice that my session in Jira get timeout very quickly recently. I didn't have this issue before. It even timeout when I was typing an issue and I lost all I wrote. Does anyone else have the similar experience? Thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Samuel Sun October 10, 2012

This issue disappeared after I used the auto-signin.

0 votes
Bhavana S July 22, 2016

In web.xml session timeout is set but if the user is Idle only it should time out.

Where can we get that Idle time out set to??

0 votes
Michael Kornatzki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013

Hi,

maybe it is a workaround to set the auto-signin.

Nevertheless it is a sessiontimeout (after minutes) even if it is configured in web.xml for 300 minutes.

I have the problem with jira 4.4.3 and various browsers.

Cheers, michael

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

Hey,

may be your browser. I've experienced the same behaviour a while ago using an older firefox version. After an update it worked just fine. (By that time a got a simultaneous timout on every website I was logged into)

Cheers Christian

Samuel Sun August 7, 2012

Thanks Christian. It doesn't seem to be my case. I have the same problem on different browers.

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2012

Weird thing is, I'm experiencing the SAME problem right now:-) I have several instances in different browsers and at the same time there is a timeout in all instances...

Phil Stanhope September 21, 2012

Ditto. I've just asked the same question. Have noticed in past week. Although this question is older than that.

Suggest an answer