Jira service desk install- preinstalled PostgreSQL

Plimster June 2, 2017

Experts:

I am getting ready to install jira service desk on CentOS 7. I plan to install Confluence also.

When I installed CentOS, I selected to include PostgreSQL. It installed version 9.2.18-1. The service desk download gave me atlassian-servicedesk-3.5.0-x64.bin. I don't know if this is jira version 7.3, 7.2, or what, so I am not sure what are the supported versions of java, postgresql etc. that I should be using.

My primary question is, should I use PostfreSQL 9.2 that was installed with the CentOS install, or is that going to cause me problems? Do you recommend that I uninstall this and install PostgreSQL 9.6?

Thanks,

Mark

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2017

Service Desk 3.5 is quite recent, so it's probably running on JIRA 7.3.  Check out the "manage applications" admin section or "system information" to confirm it.

For 7.3, you're fine on PostGreSQL 9.2 upwards - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/supported-platforms-861253018.html

Plimster June 2, 2017

Thanks Nic, I kind of thought that might be the case.

I will carry on and see how it goes.

Mark

Suggest an answer