Jira service desk CNAME

Menouer Nobach October 22, 2018

Hi!

Is it possible to change the portal link from the service desk to for example:

help.domainname.com using CNAME. I tried searching google for this answer but I had no luck doing so,

thank you in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2018

The service desk portals live under the base url given for your Jira system.

You could put a proxy in front of them with a different cname, but it will come back to using the base url quite quickly.

Menouer Nobach October 22, 2018

Hi Nic,

I know the portal link lives under the base url, but the problem with that is that you still have the ":port/portal/customer/number" which looks kinda ugly so that wouldn't be a solution to my question unfortunately.

Regards,

Menouer 

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2018

Hi Menouer,

Jira internally will not change the URLs for any hyperlinks it generates once you land in Service Desk. So Nic is correct; you can create something like "help.domain.com" using a reverse proxy, but once you actually arrive there, any links the user clicks will go someplace like "jira.domain.com/portal/customer/94".

I'm sorry if that's not the answer you're looking for! Unfortunately it's how the system works right now. There is an open feature request to allow custom URLs: JSDSERVER-1627 - I recommend watching and voting on that feature request. For more information about how Atlassian prioritizes feature requests made on jira.atlassian.com, check out this Community post.

Cheers,
Daniel

Simon Evans December 31, 2019

Hi Daniel,

JSDSERVER-1627 is not capturing the issue here.

JSDSERVER-513 is the correct ticket, and should be done, like zendesk and others. (it has the highest votes of any open issue)

This is a cumbersome workaround for something simple that shoud be in service desk.

Suggest an answer