Jira server seems to be running 2 tomcats..

My JIRA server is dedicated to Jira, no other apps on there. There seems to be a tomcat 6 and a tomcat 7 running. I am running JIRA 6.2. Is this an artifact from some previous upgrade? Are there any circumstances where this might be deliberate or can I just shut the old one down? Cheers

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer
Shayne Covey Atlassian Team Feb 12, 2015

There should not be any circumstance where two Tomcat instances are running to support one instance of JIRA.

I would recommend shutting JIRA down gracefully, then checking to see if you still have a instance of Tomcat running - if so, you should be safe to shut it down, then restart JIRA. At that point, check again to make sure only one instance of Tomcat is up.

information If you're operating JIRA in a *nix environment, using the following command should provide the path to indicate the directory to which each instance of Tomcat is associated:

ps -ef | grep catalina

that worked a treat and my Jira, somewhat unsurprisingly, is much faster!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,741 views 17 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you