Jira says field is required - I disagree!

paul vinter November 26, 2013

So, on a screen in a transition a user is being told that several fields need to be completed, but that they are not present on the screen. In this case it reads:

Bullet Point 1 is required. But it is not present on screen.

Firstly bullet point 1 is not a required field - when I do add this field to the relevant screen it is not marked with a red asterisk as being required, yet still asks for content in that field when I press 'submit'.

Curious - any insights?

Thanks

Paul

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2013

You can add validators in the workflow. Screens are actually pretty much irrelevant when it comes to mandatory/optional settings.

The giveaway is the missing red * when you do add it to the screen. If there's no *, then it's not the field configuration setting it mandatory, it's a validator in the workflow.

paul vinter November 26, 2013

Thank you all - Validators ahoy and confirmed as such.

Appreciated.

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2013

Check the workflow validators on the Create transition in your workflow. You might have a validator that checks for the field to be entered.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2013

hi,

you may wanna check some things..

1. what screen scheme is assigned to your project

2. what field config scheme is assigned to your project

also check your custom fields "Bullet Point 1" config to make sure it is able to show up in the project you're in.

let me know how it goes

C

Suggest an answer