We upgraded our Jira from 4.4.4 to latest 5.2.4 recently. Now we see that Jira is responding slow. The upgrade was done according to the instructions and went fine. Could this be some database problem when connecting the new Jira to the same and old database we were using with the older version? Indexing issue?
Any ideas? The performance and troubleshooting instructions don't give much...
Quite a broad question to answer:
I know it's a broad question and that's why it's difficult also to know where to start looking...
1. CPU usange isn't that high, normal
2. Before upgrade Jira was quite fast, no any new services in the server
3. Haven't tested the disk speed
4. Memory usage is high, there are peeks while the memory usage goes to 100% fo rmemory and physical disk usage. I guess this is normal? anyway it's not constant.
5. I could look into this, don't know
6. No specific pages, in general slowness.
One thing I was thinking is that the server is quite old, and has 1GB of RAM. Maybe the upgraded version requires more resources than the earlier? We are running confluence on the same server, which was not a problem earlier.
How about the database connection and upgrading? Are the any know problems when upgrading and sticking with the same database? Do you know?
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot