Jira redirecting to http://jiralockederror/

Zsolt Szilagyi November 6, 2013
Hello,

after I imported some dozen(!) Tasks from Mantis Jira stopped responding - I got gateway timeouts for every call.
So I went to shell and restarted Jira - ar at least I tried. Now whenever I try to open jira from the browser, I get redirected to http://jiralockederror/
Since during restart it complained about a omcat process already running i terminated - later hard killed - the pid.  

Setup: Clean Ubuntou10.04 LTS install with nothing but plesk, mysql, Jira + Agile and Confluence.
I have currently 3 Projects with a total of about 50 Tasks. (Just started Migration)

My vServer has 4 GB RAM, currently used are 900mb.

Thanks for any advice.

root@xxx:~# /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/shutdown.sh

[ascii art]

Atlassian JIRA

Version : 6.1.2

Detecting JVM PermGen support...

PermGen switch is supported. Setting to 384m

If you encounter issues starting or stopping JIRA, please see the Troubleshooting guide at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Installation+Tro

Server startup logs are located in /opt/atlassian/jira/logs/catalina.out

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /opt/atlassian/jira

Using CATALINA_HOME:   /opt/atlassian/jira

Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/atlassian/jira/temp

Using JRE_HOME:        /opt/atlassian/jira/jre/

Using CLASSPATH:       /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/atlassian/jira/bin/tomcat-juli.jar

Using CATALINA_PID:    /opt/atlassian/jira/work/catalina.pid

PID file found but no matching process was found. Stop aborted.

root@xxx:~# /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/startup.sh

[ascii art]

Atlassian JIRA

Version : 6.1.2

Detecting JVM PermGen support...

PermGen switch is supported. Setting to 384m

If you encounter issues starting or stopping JIRA, please see the Troubleshootin

Server startup logs are located in /opt/atlassian/jira/logs/catalina.out

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /opt/atlassian/jira

Using CATALINA_HOME:   /opt/atlassian/jira

Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/atlassian/jira/temp

Using JRE_HOME:        /opt/atlassian/jira/jre/

Using CLASSPATH:       /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/atlassian/jira

Using CATALINA_PID:    /opt/atlassian/jira/work/catalina.pid

Existing PID file found during start.

Removing/clearing stale PID file.

6 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2013

Hi,

try to remove the tomcat work-directory (jira-install/work/*) and also remove the jira-home/plugins/.bundled-plugins and jira-home/plugins/.osgi-plugins/

than start Jira. It should create and reset all bundled plugins (like the issue-navigator).

3 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2013

1) Stop jira

2) follow the instructions here -->https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+is+Locked

3) Restart and REINDEX.

Kakani Sreekanth January 3, 2016

Thanku

1 vote
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 22, 2013

Euroxid,

I'm bumping also into this one yesterday. I installed JIRA service desk, and since then no joy anymore. Removing caches, indexes, bundled_plugins, osgi_plugins and so on didn't help.

So I cleared the database, brought up JIRA, imported an xml backup from the day before yesterday, and JIRA is humming happy again.

Not sure it is related to service desk but looks like it.

Francis

1 vote

Thank you so much for pointing me to the logfile. It reports the Issue navigator beeing the culpit.

As I was deinstalling some plugins yesterday, I might have kicked that one.

So - how to get it back?

(I will try Taruns approach in a moment.)

*********************************************************************************
JIRA 6.1.2 build: 6157 started. You can now access JIRA through your web browser.
*********************************************************************************

2013-11-06 22:34:45,984 localhost-startStop-1 FATAL      [atlassian.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger]

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************
The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started: Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Issue Navigation (com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-nav-plugin)
*************************************************************************************************************************************************************

2013-11-06 22:34:45,985 localhost-startStop-1 FATAL      [atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeLauncher] Skipping, JIRA is locked.
2013-11-06 22:34:45,987 localhost-startStop-1 INFO      [atlassian.jira.scheduler.JiraSchedulerLauncher] JIRA Scheduler not started: JIRA startup checklist failed.
2013-11-06 22:34:45,996 localhost-startStop-1 WARN      [atlassian.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger]

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************                    ******************
___ FAILED PLUGIN REPORT _____________________

1 plugin failed to load during JIRA startup.

'com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-nav-plugin' - 'Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Issue Navigation'  failed to load.
                Application context initialization for 'com.atlassian.jira.issue-nav-plugin' has timed out

It has the following missing service dependencies :
                         &searchContextHelper of type (objectClass=com.atlassian.jira.components.query.SearchContextHelper)
                         &searchContextHelper of type (objectClass=com.atlassian.jira.components.query.SearchContextHelper)
                         &searcherService of type (objectClass=com.atlassian.jira.components.query.SearcherService)
                         &searcherService of type (objectClass=com.atlassian.jira.components.query.SearcherService)
                         &userSearchModeService of type (objectClass=com.atlassian.jira.components.query.util.UserSearchModeService)
                         &userSearchModeService of type (objectClass=com.atlassian.jira.components.query.util.UserSearchModeService)

It was loaded from /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/plugins/.bundled-plugins/jira-issue-nav-plugin-6.1.10.jar
1 plugin are unaccounted for.
Unaccounted for plugins load as artifacts but fail to resolve into full plugins.

'com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-nav-components' - 'jira-issue-nav-components'  is unaccounted for.

It was loaded from /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/plugins/installed-plugins/jira-issue-nav-components-6.2.11.jar

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************                    ******************

2013-11-06 22:34:46,270 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR      [jira.web.dispatcher.JiraWebworkActionDispatcher]

JIRA startup failed, JIRA has been locked.

2013-11-06 22:34:48,559 Modification Check:thread-1 INFO      [atlassian.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger]

___ Modifications ___________________________

Modified Files                                : jira-application.properties
     Removed Files                                 : None

0 votes

Hello again,

thank you so far. I removed both plugin-directories and emptied the working directory. Additionally I restarted the server and grepped for jira lockfiles. Even so problem remains.

So I set up an On Demand-Jira and imported my last backup (those zipped xml). This instacne does start, but whenever I try to search or browse my issues I get 404. So the problem is clearly with the issue navigator. Anyone ever heard of that?

Best regards

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2013

Hi ,

Did you check your Jira log files?

they can be found in your Jira Home/log directory.

What do they say?

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer