Jira "Projects" droplist on top toolbar shows "You are not authorized to pe this operation"

Scott Kullman May 2, 2013

Jira Projects droplist shows "You are not authorized to pe this operation" even if I'm an administrator. Clicking again shows "View All projects" but clicking it takes me to:

Error You are not logged in and do not have the permissions required to browse projects as a guest.

To browse projects, first log in

----If I login here, I get into the project just fine. How do I avoid the extra steps?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013

Hi Scott it does something like this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Secure+Administrator+Sessions

Check your jira-config.properties file in the jira.websudo.timeout property how much is configured.

0 votes

If you click always remember me on this computer, then this doesn't happen.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013

Hey Scott,

Is this an OnDemand instance or Download instance?

Looks like you need to fix your project permission schemes. Check all your permission schemes and make sure "Browse Project" has some role or group associated with it.

Download instance. Right now I gave every group Browse Project permission. It works after I login the 2nd time. First time into the System Dashboard. 2nd time to get me to a project. Why is that?

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2013

Do you want users who are not logged in to JIRA to also Browse your projects?

If yes, in project permissions add group "Anyone".

If you want all logged in users to Browse your projects?

Add group jira-users

If you only want project roles Users?

Add Project Role Users

I am not quite sure what you mean by first login and second login. Never experienced that before. If you can share a screen cast that will be of some help. But depending on what you are looking for, one of the above three options should be able to solve your issue

I've got a couple of screenshots I could send you or I could share a screencast. How do you want to do it?

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2013

A screen shot of your project permission scheme should be good enough.

dumb question but how do I attach files or images here?

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2013

Haha not really a dumb question. You will have to share it somewhere and provide the link here. Google plus maybe.

Suggest an answer