Jira project Import fails

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2013

Hi

I am tryin to perform a jira project import (Jira 4.1.2). Although during the initial project import screening Jira did not find any errors but during the actual data import I received this error. help please!

Errors

There was a problem parsing the backup XML file at E:\Downloads_4.1.2\backups\<BACKUP_FILE_NAME>.zip: An OSGroup in the backup file is missing the name parameter.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

While I am not sure, an earlier export used to have an issue and you will mostly find entries like this in the XML

<OSGroup id="some_id" name="" />

Put some name for the group and it should work. If you still have your old 4.1.2 alive, you may actually check what is the name of the group.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2013

Thanks Renjith. Thats a fantastic idea...I will try that.

Rahul

Suggest an answer