Jira only loads reliably in internet explorer 11

Conor McCullough November 13, 2020

The last week, Jira has been less and less reliably loading in Chrome, to the point now where it will load one page every 10 or so minutes if I'm constantly trying. I receive ERR_TIMED_OUT responses and the page fails to load.

It does the same in Firefox. It worked fine in both until recently.

I also tried Edge, which I have literally never used before now, and it's the same.

The only browser it actually loads reliably in now is Internet Explorer 11.

I don't have this issue with Confluence or any other internal (or external) websites.

Are there any known issues which could cause this? I'm the only user I know of who is impacted, so it must be something local to my machine.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Conor McCullough November 20, 2020

This ended up being caused by my companies' SSO solution. I found this out by inspecting the pages network elements and noticing that the only part actually timing out was related to SSO, which then stopped the rest from loading. After resetting my SSO account it resolved.

I guess IE11 is a bad enough browser that it somehow accidentally circumvents this, as the issue replicated on all other browsers, including Edge.

1 vote
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2020

Hi @Conor McCullough ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Based on the information provided it seems to me, the problem is not related to Jira but your Chrome.

I've tried to google a little bit and found out, there is often problem with Cryptsvc service. But unfortunately there could a lot other reasons, still I would recommend you to focus on Chrome related solutions.

Conor McCullough November 14, 2020

Hello, thanks for the response.

After doing a bit more digging I've noticed that the elements timing out appear to be related to the Single Sign On application used in my org, so I think it's related to my SSO account rather than Chrome or Jira. I'll update my post if I find that this is in fact the cause.

Have a good weekend!

Suggest an answer