Jira ondemand users unable to view confluence ondemand

paul March 31, 2014

Hi,

We've been running Jira ondemand for a couple of months, and I just added confluence on demand as a trial. I can see the users from within Confluence, but when they register they see: "Access Denied: You have not been granted access to Confluence". I have added the relevant groups in "Global permissions" and enabled Jira and Confluence in "Application Access" for the users. I also tried adding new users without success

I have the impression that the accounts have not been set up correctly. Any help would be appreciated

many thanks

Paul Hopton

2 answers

0 votes
paul May 21, 2014

HI Henrique,

I found a different solution. Users are automatically added to the group 'confluence-users' and 'jira-users', however to connect the accounts they must also be added to the group 'users'. This feels like a bug - or at least poorly implemented functionality to me.

but I have a workaround at least

0 votes
HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2014

Hi Paul,

This error message normally is related to the user doesn’t have Application Access.

I would ask you to disable and enable the Application Access again.

It’s possible to access through: <OnDemand_URL>/admin/apps

Kind Regards,

Henrique Lechner

Suggest an answer