Jira on-demand: How to enable mail sending?

Christian Skarby February 4, 2013

How do I enable sending of email for our jira on-demand?

Jira On-Demand complains "Sending mail is disabled." in Mail Queue Administration (suburl: /secure/admin/MailQueueAdmin!default.jspa ) - see uploaded screenshot below:

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2013

Hi Christian,
Could you please create a support request for this issue at support.atlassian.com? I need the additional information of your specific instance in order to troubleshoot an resolve your issue.

Christian Skarby February 4, 2013
0 votes
Dobroslawa Wierzbicka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2013

To all who may have a similar problem: if you go to JIRA Admin > Outgoing mail, you can see the current settings, as well as disable/enable sending emails from your Jira (with the button on top right).

Christian Skarby February 5, 2013

I am not able to find this option in Jira on-demand, however I filed a ticket with https://support.atlassian.com - and they enabled outgoing mail for our jira on-demand instance.

Dobroslawa Wierzbicka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013

My bad, indeed that functionality is not available without sysadmin rights - but I'm glad to hear that it was solved for you.

Suggest an answer