Jira on a dedicated Server - accessing a local database outside the dedicated Server

Benjamin Kramer February 4, 2015

Hi,

I have JIRA on my dedicated server installed located somewhere in Germany. Now I want to access data from my MS Sql Database (located in Switzerland) over an nfeed or an other plugin. How do I set up my connection. In my office the MS SQL DATABASE is on my Windows 2008 Server located on the ip 192.168.0.100.

My aim is to create a field costumer no, where I enter the number of the costumer and than the Name of the Person is showing up when creating an issue.

How do I do this?

2 answers

0 votes
Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2015

I also recommend looking at the plugin for JIRA Misc Custom Fields.  I've found it useful. 

0 votes
Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2015

It is strongly recommended that you NOT directly manipulate the backend database.  You want to use the built-in capabilities of JIRA Administration and create custom fields

Use Field Configurations/Configuration Schemes to make custom fields project-specific.  You can even modify workflows to make custom fields required before transition(s), if necessary. 

Suggest an answer