Jira numbers crossed out in Jira Agile Board

Tony DelAguila July 7, 2014

I know this is been talked about before I've found 2 fixes and tried them both

1. Atlassian Answers - All tickets crossed out in greenhopper

-and-

2. Atlassian Answers - jira numbers still crossed out after status changes to reopened

I've tried both suggestions but for some reason the issues; Bugs, Story, Tasks, still show up as crossed off (Resolved) in the "Jira Agile" Dashboard. The "Resolution" Field is set to None. and I've made sure that none of the deflaut workflows are setting the "Resolution" in the "Post Condition"...or for that matter any of the workflows. What am I missing? ... Help :-)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2014

When you say "the resolution field is set to none" - do you really mean it's empty and showing "unresolved" when you look at the main issue view? Or do you have a resolution of "none"?

Tony DelAguila July 8, 2014

Yes, "None" is an actual value. At the request of our customer, we added a value of "None", "Unresloved" and "OBE". I've removed these 3 vlaues and the Agile Board still shows the Storys crossed out.... But, if I push the Story through the Workflow, close them and re-open them the Story show up uncossed. So I think I found a work-around.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2014

That's completely broken. Sorry.

If the resolution field contains ANY value, the issue is resolved. If you've got "none" or "unresolved" in there, then the issue is resolved. The text you've got is wrong and it's misleading your users.

You must remove these resolutions, fix workflows that set resolution, make sure it's not on edit screens, and then perform an exercise in cleaning up your damaged data. I'm afraid this is a clear case of needing to tell the customer that they are utterly, entirely and completely wrong.

Until you can make time to remove these resolutions, I would change their names to indicate their wrongness. e.g. "None" should be something like "No resolution set, but we've resolved it anyway" and "Unresolved" should be along the lines "Pretend it is open eventhough we have closed it"

Tony DelAguila July 8, 2014

Ok, Thanks for the info, now other then pushing the Story's through the workflow, close them and reopen them is there another option I can do to have the Stoy's appear uncrossed on the "Agile Board" Dashboard?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2014

I usually edit the workflow to do this.

If you have a workflow like "open" -> "in progress" -> "Closed", and you have broken the resolution on some issues that are "in progress", then add a transtion from "in progress" to "in progress", with a post-function of "set field resolution to empty" (and usually a condition llike "only jira admins").

Then you can search for "status = in progress and resolution is not empty" and use bulk edit to push all the issues through that transition.

Suggest an answer