Jira not using new certificate

Jonathan Venskus September 10, 2013

Afternoon,

I've been given a server that is running JIRA 5.1.5 on a Linux OS. The server cert has expired I've updated the KeyStore and TrustStore with the new certificates but when I start jira it is still using the self signed cert. I tried to run config.sh but got a Java error. I commented out the connector information in the server.xml and jira still started using the old cert.

I could really use a hand on this one as I've taken the steps provided in the jira documentation with no success

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2013

Do you have Apache in the front? If so, see whether the cert is referred in the Apache config. 'That' and 'server.xml' are the usual culprits.

Jonathan Venskus September 10, 2013

Mr. Kuruvilla- -

That's what is strange to me I don't think the SA setup apache I think he just used what came with JIRA. If I stop jira and grep for apache (ps -ef | ) I get nothing back. Their are no settings in the httpd/conf file and no ssl.conf file.

Suggest an answer