Jira not starting if subversion plugin is installed

Fahad V A April 2, 2014

Hi,

I have imported the jira.xml from one instance to another, where both the instances were using Jira subversion plugin without any issues, but after the import I am unable to start the target Jirainstance and after removing the subversion plugin jar file from lib folder only I could start Jira.

Some repositories were configured in the source subversion of Jira instance and these repositories are not able to acces in the network of new Jira instance.

But I need to start Jira with subversion plugin, is there any way to delete all the configured repositries in subversion from backend (DB). I cant do it from UI because when Jira is not starting if I install subversion plugin..

Thanks in adnvance.. :)

3 answers

0 votes
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2014

The problem is not in the data itself, it is in the data combined with the Atlassian's add-on. So, you may

1. Remove the old configuration as suggested by @Andris

or

2. Remove the plugin from JIRA by deleting it from your <JIRA_HOME>/plugins/installed-plugins directory.

Once JIRA is up you may:

1. Install the latest version of the Atlassian¡s plugin and then you should see the old repositories and delete them from the plugin GUI. However, if I remember it well, the plugin reads the configuration and starts indexing repositories synchronously just after enabling, so your plugin might not be fully enabled for several minutes.

or

2. Install Subversion ALM instead as it ignores the Atlassian's plugin configuration. This should work without any problem.

0 votes
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2014

Alternatively start Jira with -Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=900 parameter. Wait 15 minutes. It should start, then you will be able to delete all repositories from GUI.

0 votes
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2014

Don't know how to remove some of repositories, but you can find repository links(URLs) in database with this query

select *

from propertyentry, PROPERTYSTRING

where

(entity_name='jira.plugins.subversion.repo') and

(propertytype=5) and

(propertyentry.ID=PROPERTYSTRING.ID) and

(property_key='svn.root');

then change wrong URLs in property_string table. If you will change incorrect URLs to some of your SVN repositories, login will fail and jira will start anyway. After that you can fix situation from web interface.

If this is not working for you, you may using different jira or svn plugin version than I am...

Fahad V A April 8, 2014

HI Andris,

I dont want to use the existing subversion repos.. I need to delete all the existing ones..

Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2014

I don't have syntax, but you should do following:

1. List all IDs from propertyentry where (entity_name='jira.plugins.subversion.repo')

2. delete rows from PROPERTYSTRING matching those IDs

3. delete rows from propertyentry where (entity_name='jira.plugins.subversion.repo');

Suggest an answer