Jira mobile connect - cannot send issue, "Feedback in transit" always

Dan Morrow February 11, 2013

OK,

I'm using JIRA on demand. I just started using it, and my company is very interested in the "jira mobile connect" feature so that our testers can easily submit bugs from within the app.

We started using JIRA last Friday. I wrote a sample app to test out JIRA Mobile Connect. Worked like a champ. Absolutely no issues.

Today, it stops working. Seriously, I didn't change a line of code. The "jiraconnectuser" was created by JIRA on demand, with all the right permissions (it can create an issue). I don't know what to do here, but I'm constantly getting "Feedback in transit" errors. Any idea why this would suddenly stop working?

Another note, in the Admin area, I tried to just disable it, and re-enable it. (turn it off and on again). But I can't do that either. I get this error message:

/rest/jconnect/latest/admin/toggleOnOff

Could not find what you were looking for. Maybe you should raise an issue.

Any help resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

-Dan.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2013

This is actually a known bug which has been fixed in code and will be released with the next OnDemand update, either this coming or the following weekend.

Thanks,

-dave

Dan Morrow February 12, 2013

Good to hear that it's going to be fixed soon. Really hoping that it will be fixed this weekend, instead of next. I just got my company on JIRA last week, partially because of this feature. It's a little embarassing to me to have this feature break days after we signed up.

Brandt Daniels February 12, 2013

Are the crash logs and feedback entries queued up or are they lost forever?

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2013

This should actually be fixed from now. I believe there is no queuing of data, so I suspect the feedback entries between when it broke on Sunday/Monday and now have been lost :(

Brandt Daniels February 13, 2013

I am seeing that they are queued up because they are slowly coming in!

ChrisA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2013

The reports should be queued on the device, until it can successfully send them.

0 votes
Brandt Daniels February 11, 2013

Same here. I also noted that JIRA onDemand was recently upgraded. Maybe this might be a factor.

Suggest an answer