Jira migration from onDemand to Download using setup wizard fails

Tim Pelgrim January 2, 2013

I am trying to restore my newly installed stand-alone version of Jira from my running onDemand instance. I followed all the steps described in the guide and run the import data wizard from the inital setup wizard.

This installed download version is 5.2.4 and the onDemand version is 6.0-OD-02

While importing I get the following error:

The xml data you are trying to import seems to be from a newer version of JIRA. This will not work.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

Tim,

About version compatibility: Each JIRA OnDemand milestone version is paired with a production version of downloadable JIRA for migration compatibility purposes. For example, JIRA 6.0-OD-01 is paired with 5.2.1, JIRA 6.0-OD-02 is paired with 5.2.2, JIRA 6.0-OD-03 is paired with 5.2.3, and so on. JIRA OnDemand should always be running the milestone version that is paired with the latest production version of downloadable JIRA.

Read more at

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+from+JIRA+OnDemand+to+a+JIRA+Installed+Site

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

Since your OnDemand version is 6.0-OD-02, for your installed version use 5.2.2, migrate the data and then upgrade to the latest version available for download.

Tim Pelgrim January 2, 2013

Now it works fine, thanks a lot

Suggest an answer