Jira- mail handler is not adding gmail comments

SallyD September 16, 2014

I had a custom mail handler, based on "Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue",  that correctly stripped the reply/forwarded text from gmail responses and added the incoming comment to the JIRA ticket. However, it did not strip the reply/forwarded text from Outlook email, which is the majority of our email.  

I used Chris Marts' regex statement in an "Add a comment before a specified marker or separator in the email body" handler and now have the Outlook responses working perfectly.  Thanks for sharing, Chris.  Unfortunately,  I have totally lost all gmail comments.  I receive an email from JIRA with the comment, but the comment is not added to the ticket.  

It seems that the 'create new or add a comment' handler can strip quotes but not split regex while the "add a comment" handler can split regex but not strip quotes.  At least that is what I see in the UI.  Don't suppose there is a file in the bowels of the directory structure that could be edited to do both?  Assuming that this is my problem.  smile

Any assistance on this would be deeply appreciated.

Sally

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jouni Jaakkola September 21, 2014

Are you sure your sender address is the same as the receiver address in JIRA? By default JIRA will not display comments from unknown users.

SallyD September 24, 2014

Jouni, thank you for your response. Since posting the original message, I've learned that we had some misunderstanding of the problem. I am going to 'close' this post and asn another question that better fits the situation we are encountering. Again, thank you for taking the time to respond.

Muhammad Bilal April 25, 2019

Hi,

Any solution for this, i have the same problem. In fact i am using the app ''Email this issue'' Not sure how to configure the Mail handler in order if the user send reply from there gmail or any where we do not receive the comment on the same ticket. 

Let me know if this has some solution i have tried a lot from last one week no proper support from '' EMAIL THIS ISSUE'' 

Suggest an answer