Jira issue to send an email

sukh sodhi February 6, 2014

Is it possible to setup a Project such that when an Import Issues (Blocked, or Major) is created, it sends a page, sms text or email.

I am using the ondemand jira version and have created a project. Not sure if above is possible

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2014

Hi Sukh,

Issue notifications are triggered under certain events as explained in Creating a Notification Scheme but they don't depend on issue priority. You can send email notifications upon issue creation or moved for example but you won't be able to restrict it only to Blocked or Major issues.

Hope that helps :)

Cheers!

RichardK February 9, 2014

Being able to restrict it to email certain people depending on the priority of the issue would be an excellent idea though.

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2014

You could have it set depending on Issue Types. A different workflow scheme for different issue types that trigger custom events to notify specific people on certain transitions.

Maybe that helps someone

0 votes
sukh sodhi February 9, 2014

I saw that atlassian has the Jira Service Desk module or product. Is it possible to have this messagingsetup if you have Service Desk (https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-desk) module

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
February 10, 2014

In the end it comes down to the Notifications Scheme of the project. Service Desk will run the notifications according to the Notifications Scheme of the Service Desk project.

I don't think there is a way to achieve issue priority based notifications in OnDemand.

Suggest an answer