Jira issue order during bulk move

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2013

Hi,

During my migration project, one of the tasks I have is splitting 26k issues into separate projects. I need to maintain creation and resolution dates.

I've done some testing, and it looks like creation and resolution dates are maintained -- but the issue id order is not.

For example:

PROJECTA-1 "2003-01-20"

PROJECTA-2 "2004-01-20"

PROJECTA-3 "2005-01-20"

Ends up being:

PROJECTB-1 "2005-01-20"

PROJECTB-2 "2003-01-20"

PROJECTB-3 "2004-01-20"

In other words -- order of input is not respected in output.

This issue occurs in Jira 4.1 -- and also appears to be an issue in Jira 5.24

-- this is a huge annoyance. Anyone have any work arounds?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2013

The order I guess is not maintained and I am afraid that it may never be done. See -https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-15634

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2013

Yeah -- I think you are right. Thanks for the link.

0 votes
Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

I'm not importing -- I am moving issues within Jira from one project to several new projects. Just an internal bulk move. Which is why I am frustrated -- this seems like functionality that should come out of the box.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

What kind of import functionality are you using?

Suggest an answer