Jira issue collector environment field

Ilya Golets September 29, 2016

Hello,

I have issue collector for JIRA Service Desk that is set up to collect environment. Some time ago environment details were just collected automagically. Now it is a checkbox that is unchecked by default. and most of customers are not noticing it and do not check it out. So we have a problem — we do not aware of the page, browser, etc.

Can we make environment data to be always collected again?

image2016-9-30 9:52:5.png

7 answers

2 votes
Jaybuz October 19, 2016

I would also like to see an option to make the environment data opt out rather than opt in. Many users do not realise what it is and ignore it.

1 vote
olimortimer October 19, 2016

We are experiencing the same issue.  We rely heavily on knowing where the user is on the site, as most of the time the bug reports are very vague, so losing this data because the user hasn't ticked a box, is very disruptive.

1 vote
toddthille September 30, 2016

Hello Atlassian,

I have also just run into this issue today on JIRA Cloud. While I appreciate giving visitors the option of sharing environment data, the default state of not collecting it makes the feedback given decidedly less useful. If you insist upon requiring this option, can it at least be made opt-out rather than opt-in.

0 votes
Ricardo Araya January 28, 2021

Hi, We are facing the same issue, we need this field to be checked by default. Not the other way around, we are not getting any environment info.

0 votes
Kerry Burton December 12, 2018

Any feedback on this change, its been over 2 years? I need to collect the browser information from our user base however many are disregarding this checkbox. I need to either make it required or possibly change the default behavior.

0 votes
Andy Ukasick July 27, 2018

I'm deploying a new internal Jira instance and noticed that the formerly very useful silent collect of env data is gone!  All my users are employees who in their employment legally consent to monitoring of their use of company systems.  How can Atlassian justify breaking functionality like this?  How can that feature be made to work silently again!??  Why aren't the Jira sysadmins afforded the same courtesy to chose that the people who click on the issue collector are??

0 votes
Deleted user November 3, 2017

I hope the change will apply to JIRA Server too :)

Suggest an answer