Jira issue collector environment field

Hello,

I have issue collector for JIRA Service Desk that is set up to collect environment. Some time ago environment details were just collected automagically. Now it is a checkbox that is unchecked by default. and most of customers are not noticing it and do not check it out. So we have a problem — we do not aware of the page, browser, etc.

Can we make environment data to be always collected again?

image2016-9-30 9:52:5.png

5 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I would also like to see an option to make the environment data opt out rather than opt in. Many users do not realise what it is and ignore it.

Hello Atlassian,

I have also just run into this issue today on JIRA Cloud. While I appreciate giving visitors the option of sharing environment data, the default state of not collecting it makes the feedback given decidedly less useful. If you insist upon requiring this option, can it at least be made opt-out rather than opt-in.

We are experiencing the same issue.  We rely heavily on knowing where the user is on the site, as most of the time the bug reports are very vague, so losing this data because the user hasn't ticked a box, is very disruptive.

I hope the change will apply to JIRA Server too :)

I'm deploying a new internal Jira instance and noticed that the formerly very useful silent collect of env data is gone!  All my users are employees who in their employment legally consent to monitoring of their use of company systems.  How can Atlassian justify breaking functionality like this?  How can that feature be made to work silently again!??  Why aren't the Jira sysadmins afforded the same courtesy to chose that the people who click on the issue collector are??

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 8 hours ago in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

22 views 0 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you