Jira issue collector custom feedback message

Avinav Pandya February 24, 2014

Hi Team,

I am new to Issue collector, I have managed to customize the feedback message. but some how the customize message only works in IE but when I use FireFox I dont see the CR number.

My customize message is as below:

collector.plugin.template.thanks.recorded=Your request has been raised. Your reference ID is {0}. This window will automatically close in 5 seconds.
collector.plugin.template.thanks.no.permission=Your request has been raised. Your reference ID is {0}. This window will automatically close in 5 seconds.

This give me proper ID number for ex CR-61 in IE while in firefox it just shows {o}

Could you please help ?

Regards

Avinav

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Watania March 2, 2014

It seems that the "<tt>collector.plugin.template.thanks.no.permission</tt>" property does not take any argument. So, the idea of that template is to give a message to someone who has no permission to view the issue link (non-logged in user), therefore it does not render the issue in {0}. As it can also be seen in the source:

if(response.url !==undefined){var linkHtml ="<a class=\"issue-key\" target=\"_blank\" href=\""+ response.url +"\">"+ response.key +"</a>"; successMsg ="<p>"+ AJS.format(AJS.I18n.getText("collector.plugin.template.thanks.recorded"), linkHtml)+"</p>";}else{ successMsg ="<p>"+ AJS.I18n.getText("collector.plugin.template.thanks.no.permission")+"</p>";} 

You can see that no.permission has no second parameter to the method.

You can remove the {0} parameter from "<tt>collector.plugin.template.thanks.no.permission</tt>", or if you want the issue to be displayed in the message, give access permission to the customer who raised the ticket (assign Create Issue permission to Anyone (Group))

0 votes
Avinav Pandya February 26, 2014

Can you please have a look into this issue ?

Regards

Avinav

Suggest an answer