Jira issue archiving solution?

Intel CHD Jira Admin June 24, 2015

A few years ago I received an announcment of an Atlassian project to develop a proper issue archiving solution. I think I was even asked to take part in a beta release. I haven't heard anything since then. Does anyone know what happened to this initiative?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2015

I think they looked at it (I had several discussions with them about it, and offered a beta too), then the data-centre initiative took hold and they moved on to doing that as it added more value.  There was some stuff about adding it into DC at a later stage, but I don't know how that is progressing.

Intel CHD Jira Admin June 24, 2015

Thanks - so same experience as me;). -David

1 vote
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2016

There is no built-in solution for this at the moment.

Depending on your needs, there are 2 practical ways to address this:

1. If you don't have performance problems due to those issues, then move them to an "archive project", from which you remove the view permissions. If you decide to restore an issue from the archive, use the standard Move Issue function.
  2. If you want to reduce the load on your server, but don't need to restore the old issues, then export them to some format, and then delete them in JIRA.
    You can export them to CSV (although you will loose the metadata, like attachments) or PDF (which can preserve you all the details).

0 votes
Jess Seitz
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 13, 2019

Hi @Intel CHD Jira  , 

Hope you've heard updates from us over the past few years, but saw your post and wanted to share that while we released project archiving awhile back, we also just released issue archiving in Jira Data Center. Here's our announcement and blog with all the details: 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Enterprise/Introducing-issue-archiving-it-s-time-for-some-Jira-spring/gpm-p/1177470

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/enterprise/issue-archiving

Cheers, 

Jess

Suggest an answer