Jira isn't showing description for required system fields, how do I get description to show?

mc March 12, 2015

I'm running JIRA 6.2

I know I have my field configuration, field configuration schemes, screens, and screen schemes set up correctly because if I change the description for any of my custom fields in the field configuration, I can see the updated description for the fields in the create/update screens for the issue type. If I change the description on any required system fields like description or summary, the description doesn't show up in the create/update screens. I need to have the description fields show for the field configuration because the fields are useless for this ticket type and I need to auto-populate them via javascript. What gives?

I did find this link about changing system field descriptions, but I need the system field description changed ONLY in the field configuration that I have setup for this one ticket type. (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/227952)

Any idea what to do?

1 answer

0 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2015

I'm not sure I followed. What is the System Field you are trying to edit, and what happens when you try to add the description in the Field Configuration? I just tested this here, and you should be able to enter a description (through the Field Configs) normally.

I believe that link you mentioned is exactly to add the description everywhere without having to configure them on a per field config basis. smile

Cheers

Suggest an answer