Jira isn't showing description for required system fields, how do I get description to show?

I'm running JIRA 6.2

I know I have my field configuration, field configuration schemes, screens, and screen schemes set up correctly because if I change the description for any of my custom fields in the field configuration, I can see the updated description for the fields in the create/update screens for the issue type. If I change the description on any required system fields like description or summary, the description doesn't show up in the create/update screens. I need to have the description fields show for the field configuration because the fields are useless for this ticket type and I need to auto-populate them via javascript. What gives?

I did find this link about changing system field descriptions, but I need the system field description changed ONLY in the field configuration that I have setup for this one ticket type. (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/227952)

Any idea what to do?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

I'm not sure I followed. What is the System Field you are trying to edit, and what happens when you try to add the description in the Field Configuration? I just tested this here, and you should be able to enter a description (through the Field Configs) normally.

I believe that link you mentioned is exactly to add the description everywhere without having to configure them on a per field config basis. smile

Cheers

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

158 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you