Jira is showing me deleted users

Jesús Reategui Morales September 1, 2016

I had configured my JIRA instance to use LDAP users. On my active directory i had the user: Jesús Reategui Morales.

I imported a project, and that project had a JIRA user: UserName:jreateguiAdmin, Name of the user: Jesús Reátegui Morales.

I changed  the name of the JIRA user (username:jreateguiAdmin) to Jesus Reategui Morales.

I changed all the issues  that Jesus Reategui Morales(JIRA username:jreateguiAdmin) has assigned to the LDAP user Jesús Reategui Morales.

Then i deleted the JIRA user (username: jreateguiAdmin )(that the name of user previusly was Jesús Reátegui Morales and now is Jesus Reategui Morales)

On User management i made this search  and the only exisitng user is the active directory user Jesús Reategui Morales:

image2016-9-2 11:2:37.png

At this point everything is OK.

The problem is when i want to change the project lead of some project, i found 3 Jesus Reategui Morales:

1.- Jesús Reategui Morales --> Active directory user 

2.- Jesús Reátegui Morales --> the first name that i used to JIRA user jreateguiAdmin

3.- Jesus Reategui Morales --> the second name that i used to JIRA user jreateguiAdmin

image2016-9-2 10:53:49.png

Any help?.

PD. When i try to assign a issue, JIRA show only the active directory user:

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2016

JIRA keeps records of users because it needs them for the history reporting.  Deleting it from LDAP is fine, as it keeps a local copy, but it keeps it in a "this user has gone" state, which is why you can't use the old user.

Jesús Reategui Morales September 2, 2016

i don't want to use old user. I don't want to see all these old and deleted users on the Project lead user list.

Exist any procedure to delete all "this user has gone" users?

Suggest an answer