Jira is not working after install

Hello everyone. I downloaded time trial for my server (Amazon EC2, Amazon Linux 64bit). I installed Jira, downloaded Mysql connector, created database, configured connection - and after this Jira is not starting. I don't have big experience for Java application, so I need help.

My catalina.out https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3480160/catalina.out.txt

Thank you in advance

2 answers

0 vote

There's only part of a startup log in there, could you give it a little longer and wait until it actually starts?

Thanks for answer. No, that't all.

Ok, so it's just stopping dead at that point. You'll need to establish why - what processes are running when it halts there? Is the JVM still going and consuming resources?

Mysql and Apache are installed on server.
> what processes are running when it halts there?
something concretely?

> Is the JVM still going and consuming resources?
no

Yes, what processes are still running as it dies?

Your log implies the JVM has halted for some reason, but it's been stopped hard, maybe with a "kill" because the application hasn't written anything else into it.

You'll need to debug that on the Operating System side. Also, read the other logs - catalina.out might tell you more about what is stopping the process.

Similar problem - it's getting part way in, and then being killed off. You'll need to find out what is killing it on your machine

Mysql and Apache are installed on server.
> what processes are running when it halts there?
something concretely?

> Is the JVM still going and consuming resources?
no

Yes, what processes are running on the machine when it halts.

If the JVM has stopped, and the log just halts, that implies something outside the JVM has killed the process. You'll need to investigate that at an operating system level.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

212 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you