Jira is not working after install

Vasilii Zolotukhin September 13, 2013

Hello everyone. I downloaded time trial for my server (Amazon EC2, Amazon Linux 64bit). I installed Jira, downloaded Mysql connector, created database, configured connection - and after this Jira is not starting. I don't have big experience for Java application, so I need help.

My catalina.out https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3480160/catalina.out.txt

Thank you in advance

2 answers

0 votes
Vasilii Zolotukhin September 14, 2013

Mysql and Apache are installed on server.
> what processes are running when it halts there?
something concretely?

> Is the JVM still going and consuming resources?
no

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2013

Yes, what processes are running on the machine when it halts.

If the JVM has stopped, and the log just halts, that implies something outside the JVM has killed the process. You'll need to investigate that at an operating system level.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2013

There's only part of a startup log in there, could you give it a little longer and wait until it actually starts?

Thanks for answer. No, that't all.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2013

Ok, so it's just stopping dead at that point. You'll need to establish why - what processes are running when it halts there? Is the JVM still going and consuming resources?

Mysql and Apache are installed on server.
> what processes are running when it halts there?
something concretely?

> Is the JVM still going and consuming resources?
no

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2013

Yes, what processes are still running as it dies?

Your log implies the JVM has halted for some reason, but it's been stopped hard, maybe with a "kill" because the application hasn't written anything else into it.

You'll need to debug that on the Operating System side. Also, read the other logs - catalina.out might tell you more about what is stopping the process.

I changed JRE and refreshed file on link https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3480160/catalina.out.txt

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2013

Similar problem - it's getting part way in, and then being killed off. You'll need to find out what is killing it on your machine

Suggest an answer