Jira is not showing correctly after upgrade

Stavros Michael
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2015

After upgrading from JIRA 6.4 to 6.4.5 there was an advice in the log file to update the locale of the postgres database to either C or POSIX otherwise some functionalities will not work correctly. Steps I follow

• Export database using pg_dump command and save the text dump file for later
  • Stop database server
  • Delete data/ folder and initdb again with --locale=POSIX
  • Start server, create again my database and import using psql dbname < dumpfile
  • Start JIRA and wait for database upgrade

After these step I am connecting to JIRA and I see the following. What could be the problem? What should I check? There is nothing in the log files

JIRA v6.4.5.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stavros Michael
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2015

The web.xml file was not correct. Restore with original and now JIRA is working

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2015

I'm afraid "there is nothing in the log files" is inaccurate.  There should be a record of what has gone wrong with the current session, records of the upgrade, and all recent activity.  Please re-read atlassian-jira.log and catalina.out to see what is happening.  If both genuinely have nothing in them since your restart, then the service isn't running at all.

Suggest an answer