Jira integration with Confluence 3.5.1?

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2012

What version of Jira should I download to integrate with Confluence 3.5.1?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2012

Hi Sam,

Could you please elaborate on more detail in regards to how do you want to integrate Confluence against JIRA.

In regards to user management point of view, it would best to integrate Confluence against JIRA release version 4.3 and above.

Basically, every release of JIRA which is 4.1 and above should works fine, however the most recommended is always the latest version 5.0.2.

Anyway, if you can elaborate on more detail, we should be able to give a more detail information on this.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2012

Everything in that link looks useful to us to some extent. Perhaps not so much "Viewing Confluence Content in JIRA" but that's only because Jira isn't established yet, so I really don't know if we might use that feature. "Integrating JIRA and Confluence User Management" isn't a priority at all. As long as I know that when usernames in both systems match, Confluence users have access to the same tasks they can see when logged into Jira.

I'd like to ensure I install the correct version for my Confluence instance before we start using Jira. Since our Confluence isn't up to date (3.5.1) I just want to confirm if I can use the latest version of Jira, or if not what version.

If you believe that 5.0.2 will work, I'll go with that. Andre on the other hand mentions 4.2 though so I'm a little confused now as that's certainly not the latest version.

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2012

It seems that Andre thought we are talking about Confluence which the latest release version is 4.2.x.

As long as I know that when usernames in both systems match, Confluence users have access to the same tasks they can see when logged into Jira.

Unfortunately Sam, Confluence does not have the ability to bring its users into JIRA, while JIRA have the ability to bring its user to Confluence. Hence in username point of view, you will need to create Confluence user name into JIRA manually, then integrate the user management to Confluence, or to use OAuth on the application links configuration.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Septa Cahyadiputra

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2012

Yup that is correct

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2012

Let me just clarify, the user creation part isn't important in our case. We're not going to have that many Jira users at this stage.

So given that a user account with username say "abcabc" has been created by some means (possibly manually) in both Confluence and Jira, when that user logs into Confluence as "abcabc", will they have access to Jira tasks within Confluence as if they had logged into Jira as user "abcabc" based purly on the fact the username is the same?

0 votes
Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2012

If you dont have any dependencies like database or java version, take the current one (4.2).

Suggest an answer