Jira installation behind a Firewall

Robert Tulke February 9, 2014

Hey i started a jira/tomcat installation behind a firewall. After the ShellScript Setup, i opened my browser into the WebSetup routine..., Jira ask me about my Server License Key... when i paste my key into the license field then - so i think; jira will check this licence key between any jira server and my vm-machine ... am i right?

Does jira uses tcp/80 or tcp/443? (outgoing) to cummunicate/compare/verify the key? The Problem is, Jira hangs after this license-key-question....

Which tcp port is used by jira to verify my key with the keyserver - if any exists.. ? And is the licence key related to a software or a hardware? I want to use the jira installation on a vmware machine, so when i'm going to move my jira-vm to another vm or if i add more cpus ... which are the effects in this case does jira verify with server again? Does jira just proofs once or more often and if, how often does jira start this check?

robert

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2014

As far as I know, it does not go out to the net to check your license details. It's all internal.

The UPM however does go out to the net (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Problems+Connecting+to+the+Atlassian+Marketplace).

Suggest an answer