Jira install order

Ruben Major December 14, 2018

Hi, I have a question. We have a Jira Software + Service Desk license and what is the official install order, because I installed Jira Software and I not have admin dashboard. Then I install Service Desk but same not appear the admin dashboard just user profile. And if I install Jira Core it appear the admin gear and dashboard. My question is, it need Jira Core because we not have license to Core, or Jira Software is function itself.

Thanks in advance,

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2018

Hello,

It does not matter what you install first.

If you want to install Jira Software first, then you need to download a distribution from this page:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/download

If you want to install Jira Service Desk first, then you need to download a distribution from this page:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-desk/download

OK, but why it not appear the admin gear if I install the latest Jira Software, just the admin user profile which is created with installation.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2018

Make sure that you connect under the correct user. The admin gear should appear. Or you can have a look in Jira database to see what permission your user have.

I think the user is correct because it is the only user created with installation. But when I install the Jira Core the admin gear it appear. So you say, I not need the Jira Core to function Jira Software and Service Desk, it must fully function without Jira Core.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2018

Jira Software and Jira Service desk distributions contain Jira Core, if you download them from the pages ,which I provided in my answer above.

Suggest an answer