Jira insight Import/Export

Pedro Urbano December 9, 2020

I have 2 instances of Jira Insight in 2 different environment and I need to do a process of Import/Export which I am able to do however I also need to have the same ID's in both instances, which is not happening by the method I use that was to do an Import via connection to the Object Schema (Import Configuration -> Object Schema Import).

Is there any way to create this Import/Export situation with the same ID's?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2020

Hi @Pedro Urbano ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

As far as I know, this is unfortunately not possible. Maybe you can store the information about the id of the object to some attribute, but the id of the created object will be different.

0 votes
Björn Gullander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2022

Hi @Pedro Urbano 

It is not possible to keep the same object key as before the import. 

What may help is to setup an Insight object schema import in the target Insight that gets data from the source Insight instance. By using the "Create predefined configuration" this is quite easy. The advantage with this is that you will get an attribute with the old object key in all the objects. This makes it at least possible to filter or script more easily to find the correct objects. 

Björn

Suggest an answer