Jira incoming mail stop working after update to 6.3.1

LzN July 22, 2014

Hi,

I have JIRA instance with several mail boxes for create issues.
After update to 6.3.1 i can't see any kind of activities from JIRA to get mails from these boxes.
But when I click test button in the mail handler options, JIRA said "OK" and I catch activity in the logs.

Do you have any ideas what happens?

7 answers

0 votes
LzN June 18, 2015

A fix for my issue was implemented in 6.4.3 (JSP-223864/JRA-42567)

I think you should open a ticket at JIRA support.

... the same problems in three minor versions.. hmm..

0 votes
Danny Espaillat June 18, 2015

We have also encountered the same issue with similar errors when upgrading to v6.4.6.  None of our configured Mail Server / Incoming Mail Handlers are creating JIRA tickets for anyone in any project.  This worked fine prior to the upgrade.  Is there an actual fix for this?  Downgrading to an older version of JIRA is not necessarily a resolution...

0 votes
LzN October 15, 2014

solved by downgrade to 6.2

0 votes
Matt Clemens October 15, 2014

what was the solution to this?

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2014

LnZ

In order to better assist you, could you please raise a support ticket (http://support.atlassian.com) and attach the log files in there. After we t find the root cause, we can share the resolution here.

Cheers

Luciano Fagundes

0 votes
LzN July 23, 2014

.. and log file contains

2014-07-24 08:57:42,735 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [service.services.file.AbstractMessageHandlingService$HandlerDisablementListener] Registering disablement listener for module 'com.atlassian.jira.jira-mail-plugin:createOrCommentHandler'
2014-07-24 08:57:42,811 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [service.services.file.AbstractMessageHandlingService$HandlerDisablementListener] Registering disablement listener for module 'com.atlassian.jira.jira-mail-plugin:createIssueHandler'

0 votes
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2014

Hi,

This article may help:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Diagnosing+Mail+and+Mail+Handlers+Issues

It's difficult to say what is causing this without taking a look into the logs, have you restarted the instance after the upgrade?

Cheers,

Pedro Souza.

LzN July 22, 2014

Hi Pedro,

yes, Jira was restarted after upgrade.

i've restart Jira again. and the picture is: at the boot time, Jira starts imcoming mail handlers ( i mean issues was created succesfully), but after this time JIRA don't want to starts this activities.

Suggest an answer