Jira includes Sprint in Jira Agile when cloning issues - by design, improvement or bug?

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2014

I found a similar question here, https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/238568/how-to-have-cloned-items-not-assigned-to-the-sprint-automatically, but since it wasn't really answered I'll try my own.

We have some "time-tracking" tasks today to have some control of time not spent on development during the sprints. These tasks are usually cloned from sprint to sprint.

Now, it have come to my attention that if you clone an issue, the link to the sprint is included. And if you clone something that was previously cloned, you get quite an active list of sprints.

Continued, if you search for the issue in one of the sprints that is stated as "active sprint", you are unable to find the issue, so in practice there is no way to remove this link. So I have the following situation:

• "Unique" Jira issue
  • Listed with one active sprint
  • And listed with two completed sprints.

So in practice the issue has been a member of two sprints that was completed before the issue was even created.

I would say that keeping the Jira Agile link when cloning an issue is a bug because this information cannot be removed. But I can live with this being an improvement if I can get access to functionality to change this information.

Does anyone else have comments in this regards?

(And no, buying yet another plugin to Jira is not an option)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2014

I found this registered as a bug here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-6541.

Suggest an answer