Jira import

Tummala February 26, 2015

Hi ,

we have a 2 JIRA instance servers one with version 6.4.2 which has 2 projects  and other JIRA server which is UAT has 7 projects with 6.4.7.

trying to move everything to one server, I did try to import using CVS importer from 2 projects with version 6.4.2 to uat server 6.4.7 ..was missing comments ,history and attachments...is there any way /workaround I can do it.

please help, Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2015

Hi Tummala, 

Yes, you are right. I forgot about that! smile

Via CSV, you can import comments and worklogs using a similar SQL:

Comments:

copy(select (project.pkey || '-' || jiraissue.issuenum ) as "Issue key", ('') as "Summary", (jiraaction.created || '; ' || cwd_user.user_name || '; ' || jiraaction.actionbody) as "Comment Body" from jiraaction join jiraissue on jiraaction.issueid = jiraissue.id join project on jiraissue.project = project.id join cwd_user on jiraaction.author = cwd_user.email_address where actiontype = 'comment' and <other restricts for issues to have their comments imported>) to '/data/tmp/comments.csv' csv header;

When importing, use this as time format:

dd-MM-yy HH:mm:ss.SSSX

Worklogs:

copy
(select (p.pkey || '-' || ji.issuenum) as "Issue key", ('') as "Summary",
    (w.worklogbody || '; ' || w.created || '; ' || w.author || '; ' || w.timeworked) as "Worklog"
    from jiraaction ja inner join jiraissue ji on (ja.issueid = ji.id) inner join project p on (ji.project = p.id)
    inner join worklog w on (w.issueid = ji.id)
    where p.pkey = 'FTSI' and ji.issuenum in (211))
to '/data/tmp/workLogFTSI.csv' csv header;

• p.key = Project Key to export from.
  • ji.issuenum = Issue identification number inside the project (FTSI-211).

I'm not sure if there is a way to do the same with history (I don't think so). And for attachments you can just sync the folders between the servers. smile

0 votes
Tummala February 26, 2015

Hi Elisa,

I think in order to use project import tool you need to have same version ...in this case it is different one ...

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2015

Hi Tummala, 

Did you try to perform a full backup of the JIRA source and then execute a project import on the target instance?

This should bring all data you mentioned. smile

Suggest an answer