Jira home directory wrong

Timothy Harris June 9, 2015

I am upgrading an instance on Windows. It was running as a service.

I ran the upgrade when installing the new version. The person who originally installed the instance(was 5.2.11, now 6.4.5) made the HOME directory 5.2.11-home. I changed the name to 6.4.5, created a new service with the service.bat. I change any references to JIRA_HOME in service.bat. When the service starts it creates the old Jira HOME directory. I tried setting the JIRA_HOME directory as an environment variable. No change.

Anyone have an idea as to what I am doing wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2015

Needs changing in the properties file too.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Changing+JIRA+Home+Directory+in+jira-application.properties+doesn't+work contains the places you need to make the changes.

Timothy Harris June 10, 2015

AS far as I can see there is no jira-application.properties file in the install directory. Is it not located in the root of the install directory? Also according to the documentation you referenced, should the environment variable not take precedence? Or maybe this has to do with it being ran as a service? To be honest, I am a Linux guy and windows is just a bad dream for me :-)

Timothy Harris June 10, 2015

I found it and you were correct. Thanks :-) Still the documentation needs to be updated though.

Suggest an answer