Jira hints plugin?

Meech October 18, 2012

Hi,

Noticed that a "hints" box appeared on Atlassion support page. May I know what is this plugin that can support this features? or any similar plugin that I can use for this purpose?

Thanks & regards,

Michelle

1 answer

0 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2012

Hi Michelle,

I believe this is the plugin named "jira-help-tips" under the System Plugins (Administration » Plugins » Manage My Plugins » Show System Plugins). The only way to change this tips, I believe is to customize this bundled plugin, as per the Modifying Atlassian bundled plugins post in the J-Tricks blog.

Also, for JIRA 5.0.7 you can use the JIRA Hero plugin. From the plugin's description:

JIRA Hero brings gameplay mechanics into JIRA to guide, engage and encourage users.

• Didactic: Perfect to discover JIRA tips and good practices
  • Fun and engaging: Win achievements, gain level and find the easter eggs
  • Informative: Get the key actors at a glance for each project, component and version

Main Features & Benefits

• Help new user to become familiar with JIRA
  • Collect badges and achievements
  • Guide the user through a succession of achievement
  • Gain rank in your own area of expertise (user, developer, tester, project manager) from padawan to master
  • Have fun discovering the easter eggs

I hope this helps!

Meech October 22, 2012

Hello Matheus,

Thanks for your reply. If there is any plugin that can support small notification box message to the users? would be good if the plugin similar to the tips box.

The message will be some company announcement or daily update to the users. Any idea if there is any plugin that can support this feature?

thanks & regards,

Michelle

Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2012

No plugins that I'm aware of, unfortunately. :(

But I believe you can use the Announcment Banner in JIRA for most of the company announcements you want. Check out https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/lg_mEQ

Suggest an answer