Jira header drop downs (Projects,Issues, Agile) not working in Chrome/Firefox

Courtney German April 20, 2016

Overnight it appears that the drop down menus for Projects, Issues, and Agile have stopped working on Chrome and Firefox for our server version of JIRA. They work fine in IE but our developers are heavy Chrome users. Confluence and Stash are working properly in Chrome and Firefox. Any advice for troubleshooting? i have googled the issue and not had alot of luck finding an answer.

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2016

What has changed? What is your JIRA version? What is your browser versions? 

To my knowledge nothing was changed overnight other than JIRA restarting per usual. We are running version 6.2 and have Chrome 49.0.2623.112 m

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2016

Odd. Anything unusual from the browser logs? No new add-ons installed? Can you try running in safe mode?

I tried safe mode and had no luck. No new add ons and nothing noteworthy in the log

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 20, 2016

Both the browser logs and application logs? Hmmm. There must be something that change. Any other system admin that might know?

Tiffany Lancaster April 20, 2016

Both admins are equally stumped.  IE works fine.  Chrome and FireFox do not work.

We are now opening a case with Atlassian.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 20, 2016

Ok. Sorry if I could not help. Usually when I troubleshoot this issue, it's usually:

• Some particular add-on
  • The IT Infra team have pushed some mandatory changes to the Browsers (Like adding a proxy)
  • Firewall and Security changes
  • Browser version upgrade (automatically being upgraded) 
Dr. Frank Köhne November 28, 2016

I see this bevaviour as well. Was there a solution?

Suggest an answer