Jira has become really clunky nowadays. Our company is considering other products

Paul Daniels October 13, 2019

Jira has become really clunky nowadays. Our company is considering other products. It used tpo be a really good tool. Now, I can't seem to get anything done with it

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2019

What would you ask Atlassian to do to persuade you to stay with it?

0 votes
Antonio Francis October 13, 2019

There are a lot of changes to screens that used to be user friendly but now it seems like more work to navigate around simple things. Just over the weekend the Tests label was removed from the navigation menu and now it displays Zephyr. You need to select that then select to see the Test Summary page or the Cycle summary field.

I started writing a 'How To' document for my users but I have now stopped it as the document changes every month because of the Jira changes every month.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2019

Your second point really resonates with me and, I suspect a lot of other people. 

I went to Atlassian Open in Vienna and saw that "stop changing things without letting us plan for/adapt to it" was the third most popular improvement request on Cloud.

I've also worked with a team that did some training on Cloud on a Thursday and had to field a load of "it's not what you said" the following Monday because it had changed over the weekend.  Much as I like "make changes and apologise" over "ask for permission to change", it is possible to go too far, and Atlassian Cloud has.  Uncontrolled changes are very high on the list of "reasons to migrate Cloud to Server"

Antonio Francis October 13, 2019

I actually like the new updates to the Test/Cycle Summary pages as it's split as it always should have been. The flip side is that I have to again retrain my users as the bulk of my testing is done with UAT users. I use them perhaps 4/5 times a year. I train them how to use it then a couple of months latter I must retrain them again.

Do we really need screen updates every month? How about give us clients the things we vote for?

Suggest an answer