Jira has an obvious bulk Grant Permission facility. Am I missing the bulk Deny Permission facility?

Raye Raskin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2013

If there is no bulk Deny Permission capability in Jira (for Permission schemes) there should be one.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Raye Raskin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2013

I hereby request Atlassian to provide a bulk "Remove user or group" from selected permissions, analagous to Grant Permissions.

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2013

You need to raise a "New Feature" or "Improvement" request at https://jira.atlassian.com

Read more at

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DEV/Implementation+of+New+Features+Policy

But the answer to your question is, No there is no "Deny" permission

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2013

There's no "deny" permission at all.

As Bhushan says, "deny" is done by "not granting in the first place"

Raye Raskin
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2013
I understand this. My point is there's no bulk way to remove a user from a Permission scheme. You have to click Delete and then confirm this for each separate permission that has already been Granted.
0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2013

Hey Raye,

No it doesnt. And if you do not mention the group or role in the permission scheme, you are denying them permission.

Suggest an answer