Jira hangs almost every time we click "Workflows" in the admin menu

StephanieC September 7, 2016

Users can still create issues and use JIRA or Tempo in any other way, but when an admin clicks "Workflows" in the Admin menu, it hangs and then "Issues–>Search for Issues" hangs. 

Also other items on the Admin left nav are fine and perfectly useable, just Workflows is inaccessible.

Its really weird. 

We do have a LOT of complex custom workflows. Where do I start troubleshooting? We have to reboot the server about once a week for this issue. 

5 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2016

No, it should not be disabled. However, I see specific errors attributed to that add-on. If you could open the application log, open the workflow screen, and find the related errors that pop-up, that would help greatly.

I also recommend opening a support ticket with Atlassian – https://support.atlassian.com.

0 votes

Yes it is - with an available update... should it be disabled we use tons of workflow conditions and custom fields... ?: 

image2016-9-7 15:30:31.png

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2016

The log analyzer helps but I'm used to troubleshooting the raw log files.

The big red flag there is the "WorkflowException" and "Workflow validator class can not load" errors. Is JIRA Suite Utilities still enabled?

0 votes

here is what I get in the log analyzer :image2016-9-7 15:18:51.png

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2016

Have you found any errors in the application log that are related?

Suggest an answer