Jira forgets login details in Safari

Ben Toohill January 1, 2020

When I login to Confluence then switch to Jira I can see all projects but cannot click on anything, nothing will work.  Also my profile doesn't seem to be logged in as my initials are not in my profile.

Everything seems to work ok in Chrome.

I have cleared Safari cache and restarted many times.

I can login to Jira from the Jira URL but as soon as I click on a project it does the same thing.

Any ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
Ben Toohill January 10, 2020

Hi @Fadoua 

Yes can you please send me the link.

Thanks

Ben

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2020

@Ben Toohill 

Here is the link to open a support ticket with Atlassian Team:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Best,

Fadoua

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2020

@Ben Toohill 

You mean that your app links are configured properly and everything work fine switching back and forth between Jira/Confluence. However once in Chrome it doesn't work properly?

Just making sure I got your question right.

Best,

Fadoua

Ben Toohill January 4, 2020

Hi @Fadoua  Sorry for the confusion. The problem is for one of my staffs imacs.

Jira and Confluence seem to work fine in Google Chrome.

The Problem is in Safari, when they sign in either from Confluance or in Jira it looks ok but when you try and click on any links or projects in Jira nothing happens.

I have noticed in the profile they are not signed in (see image below) but we did at the start and we can see all the company info.

I have cleared Safari cache and restarted many times.

Not sure whats wrong just started happening on the 30th Dec

Thanks

Ben

Screen Shot.png

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2020

@Ben Toohill 

Did you configure the app links? From the screenshot i see you are using cloud. I promise to try it tomorrow

Sorry @Fadoua not sure what you are talking about but, we have been using Confluence and Jira for 3 years now and with over 25 user and haven't had a problem with Safari accessing it. Not sure why it is just effecting this user. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2020

@Ben Toohill 

Did you try to have the user log in from someone else computer, then access Jira using Safari? 
let me know if it is something you tried

@Fadoua 

I Just tried another computer and Safari worked fine for that user. Safari Version 13.0.4

I have also tried another profile on the same computer and it also didn't work. The Safari version is 11.1.2

I also tried on another old Imac with Safari 9.1.3 and I cannot even open the link to our Atlassian profile.

I think there is a problem with both versions of Safari with access on Atlassian.

Regards

Ben

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2020

Great that you were able to find the issue @Ben Toohill !

If satisfied with the help I provided please don't forget to accept my answer.

Best,

Fadoua

Ben Toohill January 8, 2020

Hello @Fadoua  I was not able to fix the problem. I just found out what the problem was.

I think Atlassian needs to fix its compatibility with the older safari versions 9.1.3 and 11.1.2.

Thanks

Ben

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2020

Hi @Ben Toohill 

Yes definitely it is the problem

When I asked you to have the user log in from another computer it was to make sure it is not his Jira Profile that's triggering the issue.

Either he has to work from a different computer or you will have to raise a ticket with Atlassian.

Let me know if you need the link to raise it.

Best,

Fadoua

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2020

@Ben Toohill I promise to send it in the morning.

Best

Fadoua

Suggest an answer