It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira for google sheets

Hi,

Following the webinar I've installed the plug in in my personnel google account.

I haven't found the way to connect to my Atlassian instance. And when I try to connect nothing happens, it try to connect indefinitely.

Do you have a solution for me to test this Sheets integration ?

Regards

C. Daguin

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Christopher,

Please correct me if I am reading this incorrectly, but from your description it sounds like you installed the add-on to google sheets already following the process outlined In this Document under the section:

Install in Google Sheets

From a Google Sheets spreadsheet:

1. Click Add-ons then click Get add-ons…

2. Search for “Jira Cloud for Sheets” then hover over the card and click +Free.

3. Follow the prompts to give the add-on access to your Google Sheets spreadsheet.

And then the section you are getting hung up on is the next portion below in connecting to Jira

Connect your cloud site/instance

1. Open a Google Sheets spreadsheet and select Add-ons  Jira Cloud for Sheets  Open…

2. Click CONNECT, this will open a new browser window.

3. Select the site you want to add from the list of available sites, and click Accept

Are you able to get to the Open Option on the sheet (step 1), or does the error occur during or after selecting the instance on the configuration page (Step 2 or 3)?   i.e. is the page hanging and failing to load the configuration menu or is it hanging when you try to apply the configuration and attempt to connect to your site.

Next, can you  verify if you or your G Suite administrator have enabled access to Google Sheets add-ons for all users?

Are you logged into your browser with the G Suite enabled for sync?

Can you also check the browsers Development tools javascript console for any explicit errors in the connection or page load that might help narrow down the cause.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

841 views 5 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you