Jira filtering - check for not existing field

Robin Peters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2014

Hello,

I have several projects and some of them uses a field "planned end", some don't.
Now I want to filter all issues for one user where the "planned end" is exceeded or empty or the field does not exist.

"Planned End" <= endOfDay() OR "Planned End" is EMPTY

I have problems to check if the field exists. How can I check for it?

Regards,

Robin

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2014

What do you mean by field don't exist? "Planned End" is EMPTY should list issues which doesn't have the field populated.

Robin Peters
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2014

It's a custom field which is not applicable in all of the projects.
It's not just empty, the field isn't existing there.

Yeah, I could set it in the projects and hide it, but then I will have some other problems.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2014

Unfortunately, hiding it by configuring context is the only option. Not sure how to get it using JQL.

Robin Peters
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2014

Ok, I enabled und hide the fields. Now the query return the expected issues.

Suggest an answer