Jira export to Excel with tree structure in one line

Cedric December 14, 2022

Is it possible to create an export like in the picture below?

I'm trying to make an excel list on capability level and all parent links are important. 

thanks for help

image.png

2 answers

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 3, 2023

@Cedric 

Better Excel Exporter for Jira can also produce a pivot table output, where you can decide how to display the different custom fields.

If a pivot table is not what you are looking for, then - as Ravi mentioned, you need to process the issues by modifying the default templates of the app to get the output you need.

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing the app.)

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2022

Hi @Cedric 

The native export won't do it but because you have Parent and Epic Link in your export you should be then able to do processing of your data in Excel.

Other option could be to use an app. I use eazyBI where you can replicate your hierarchy (it is easier if you use Advanced Roadmap). eazyBI will let you export directly in the format you are expecting.

Ravi

Suggest an answer