Jira error

sukhovsa April 30, 2021

Hello everyone. I got the error: 2021-04-30 09: 31: 01.180 Cesium-1-4 WARN anonymous soc1@bpcbt.com ticket in B_ISIM project with ticket type Task [camail.incoming.mailfetcherservice] soc1@bpcbt.com ticket in B_ISIM project with ticket type Task [10701]: Unable to create issue due to invalid license: [Unfortunately you cannot create issues right now as you need access to the Jira app to be able to create issues. To access the application, you must be a member of the group assigned to the application.] Tell me what's wrong? The user has everything and all the necessary rights for permission are also available. This bug affected Jira before it crashed.

1.PNG 

16 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2021

There's no bug here, the message is clear that it's the permissions of the user trying to do something.

There are two ways this particular error could get thrown:

1. The user performing the action is not currently an active user in the application the issue is aimed at (by application, I mean that if the project is a "software" project, then the user is is not a Jira Software user, if the project is a "service management" project, then they are not an Agent, and if it's a business project, then they don't have any licence to use Jira at all)
  2. It can also happen if you have gone over your licence limit (for example, you have a licence for 100 Software users, but you've added 102 people to the "can use Jira Software" group)

Your screenshot is too fuzzy to read, could you just give us the plain text?

0 votes
sukhovsa May 26, 2021

accounting successfully ticket in the desired project.

this account is one, and one mail is unique

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2021

Ok, so is there a (single) Jira account associated with that email address?

What happens when you log in as that user and try to create an issue in the target project?

0 votes
sukhovsa May 21, 2021

***************@bpcbt.com

(Please forgive my edit of this post, I've got rid of the username in there just in case your email gets picked up by a bot looking for emails to spam)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2021

No, not the email that the handler is getting mail from, what is the email of the user sending the email?

0 votes
sukhovsa May 20, 2021
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2021

So what email address is sending the email, and what account is that in Jira?

0 votes
sukhovsa May 20, 2021

The accounting is now one and the rights for the project are all. Licenses are available for SD and Softaware. The error is the same.

0 votes
sukhovsa May 20, 2021

The accounting is now one and the rights for the project are all. Licenses are available for SD and Softaware. The error is the same.

0 votes
sukhovsa May 18, 2021

Thanks for the quick response. The author was put on soc1. I'll change mailboxes tomorrow.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2021

I doubt this is the problem, but you should not have two users with the same email address - Jira has no way of knowing which one you might mean when it's trying to identify an account via an email address.

Most of your screenshots confirm that things are set up correctly, but there is a piece of data missing - who is trying to create the issues?  This is not the account reading the email, it is the account associated with the email address of the sender of the email!

If, for example, you have the setup you have shown us, and I send an email to Jira from nicbrough@somewhere.com, then Jira will try to find a user in your system with that email address.  If it finds one, then that's the reporter.  And that reporter, according to the error message you are seeing, does not have the right to use the Jira Software/Core/Service-Management app the project is in.

0 votes
sukhovsa May 18, 2021

03.PNG

0 votes
sukhovsa May 18, 2021

02.PNG

0 votes
sukhovsa May 18, 2021

I have two accounts and the handler is configured for soc1

0 votes
sukhovsa May 18, 2021

01.PNG

0 votes
sukhovsa April 30, 2021

Cannot create issue due to invalid license: [Sorry, you can't create any issues right now, as you need to have access to a Jira application to be able to create issues. To gain application access you need to be a member of a group assigned to an application

Suggest an answer