Jira - error during re-index

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2013

Hello.

During simple re-indexing I got some error.

Now, no matter what I do I constantly see a banner on top of the administration section:

****** made configuration changes in section 'null' at 2013-12-19
09:59. It is recommended that you perform a re-index. For more
information please see the JIRA Documentation.

To perform the re-index now, please go to the 'Indexing' section.

Note: So that you only have to re-index once, you may wish to complete
any other configuration changes before performing the re-index.

Message shows always the PRESENT date and time- seems like something is constantly changing some configuration.

Re-indexing is not clearing the message.

Closing jira and re-building indexes throws an error page in the beginning, but after refresh it progresses normally. However it does not help with the above message too.

I tried Integrity checker and it shows no errors.

Stopping and restarting instance didn't help.

Does anybody have any ideas what might be causing the constant message about need to re-index?

1 answer

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2013

what jira version are you on?

what action did you do to make jira recommend a reindex?

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2013

you can try purging the work directory to force a rebuild.

plugins caches as well

work dir is in install path and plugins cache in jira home/.bundled & .osgi-plugins

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2013

I have added a new custom field.

But yeah, day erlier I have swapped back and forth a zip with plugins. Now it is original, but during swapping I tried launching jira with modified plugins, and it had thrown an error of incorrect plugins. Clearing work directory and cache might solve the problem, I'll try it as soon as I'll get home, thanks!

Suggest an answer