Jira error after reverting Confluence to Internal User Management

Esteban Paredes February 27, 2014

Hello,

I have been strugling whole day after yesterdar at night I reverted Confluence to use Internal User Management instead of Jira Users, we followed this article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Reverting+from+Crowd+or+JIRA+to+Internal+User+Management

But seems something went wrong since after that Jira just was keeping us disconnecting and asking for user and password after few seconds of use.

Then I rebooted server and now Jira does not start up, and shows an error like this:

HTTP Status 500 - org.ofbiz.core.util.GeneralRuntimeException: Could not determine database type.

So it seems something is damaged on database since dbconfig.xml states correctly MySql as database type and moreover the configuration options have not been modified at all.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2014

Hi Steban,

According to this other answer, it seems this can be caused due to a password incompatibility. I recommend to check the JIRA database password and check if the password doesn't have special characters and it's correct in dbconfig.xml.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer